Total Pageviews

Monday 18 April 2011

Who said mount board cutting was easy?

Well, have been slow to write on here for a wee while due to visiting family and dog walking and other reasons....for example, I bought mountboard and cutting tools for same online for framing my quilling project [which is turning into a marathon by the way] as I want it to look good for giving as a present to my daughter and her partner....anyway....my order finally came and I toddled upstairs to where I had a pasting table set up for cutting practise. The VERY large sheet of board was cut to fit a 12x12 frame, I used the back of the frame as a template then proceeded to make a complete hash of the first trial cut. Following the instructions for the cutting tool was simple and I followed it to the letter, but when I turned the mountboard over to the right side [you cut from the back of the board for a 'bevelled edge] I found that the corners were ragged and not very neat at all.....never mind, I thought, first attempt.....ha!! After the third 'go' I was tearing the hair out and decided to leave anymore cutting for another day when I was not so fraught. Today I feel less fraught so am going to have another go later this afternoon....bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment